"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
---Walter Elias Disney

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Finding Monorail Red

It's really cool :)
I love the monorails. They help define Disney for me, and quite a few other people I'm sure. We love riding them around and do so whether we have a good reason or not. This trip I was looking forward to seeing the monorail that was wrapped to advertise the Avengers movie. I wasn't sure I liked that break with the traditional colored stripe, but after seeing it, I now am in favor. It's just way cool.

I kind of stalked the Averger-rail as we took to calling it, trying to get the perfect picture. I did ok, I got one from across Bay Lake and one of it entering the Contemporary. I finally got some up-close pics the last day of our trip when we actually rode the Avenger-rail from breakfast at Chef Mickey's to the Magic Kingdom. It was that kind of trip.

John was happy to see and ride the Avenger-rail, but wanted to see the Monorail Red, red being his favorite color. We looked and looked and the closest we found was Monorail Black, which has a little red as an outline. I knew I remembered there being a Monorail Red, but where could it have been? Finally, on our last day trip to the Magic Kingdom on the Avenger-rail, our question was answered. The monorail had to stop at one point to re-boot it's computer and in announcing this, the driver (pilot?) announced "Welcome to Monorail Red, we need to make a brief stop."

Monorail Red/Avenger-Rail wasn't very crowded
Mystery solved, that's where it went. What a great end to our monorail hunting.

I've put more monorail pics and lots of other cool stuff on Pooh Sticks new Facebook page. Go check us out!
http://www.facebook.com/poohsticksjeff

And for an added bonus, I've added video of the Avenger-Rail on my Youtube channel. Check this out!


No comments:

Post a Comment