"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
---Walter Elias Disney

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Feeling The Magic....Lisa's Guest Blog :)



I am doing this guest blog because I just couldn’t let Jeffrey’s excellent tour guide skills go by without notice. We talked about our Disney trip for a long time. It had been five years since we’d gone for a whole week, and we spent a lot of enjoyable moments talking about all the things we wanted to do, where to stay and what to see so that we had the perfect trip.
I tend to be a control freak, and I have to be in charge of lots. Except vacations. Jeff does a lot of our vacation planning, and he is really good at it. By the time we leave to go to Disney, I get to not be in charge of anything. That’s a vacation in itself, but it also speaks to my trust for Jeffrey. I know that he will have everything taken care of so that while we are there, I can completely relax and know that we will have a fabulous time. Judging by how he geeked out over making a schedule and how many ways he could view and access our schedule, I think he enjoys that part of it.
When it came time to book the vacation, we had settled on a place to stay and even made our dinner plans. Jeff handled all of it, calling the resort and making all the arrangements. What I didn’t know is that he told them that we’d be celebrating our anniversary while we were there. We checked in on a Saturday afternoon and the cast member we dealt with gave us Happy Anniversary buttons to wear all week.
I almost cried. Here I am, married to a man who looks forward to going to a place that in my mind is home to all things Princess. He looks forward to spending a week with his family in the most magical place on Earth. And he told them it was our anniversary.
The week started off just right. Lots of cast members and guests gave us anniversary wishes. We had complimentary champagne at one restaurant and cupcakes with candles at another. We had a congratulatory call from Mickey and Minnie in Epcot. We even got a window seat at Ohana so we could see the Magic Kingdom fireworks over the castle. All of that was planned and perfectly carried out by Disney cast members, thanks to Jeffrey letting them know we were celebrating. It was all part of the Disney magic we expect.
But it was something else that happened at Ohana that really touched my heart. While we were walking to our table, we noticed that the man playing the ukulele happened to be singing our wedding song – Can’t Help Falling in Love by Elvis. We danced, not knowing we were actually joining other couples celebrating a new marriage or their own anniversaries. The ukulele player was very happy to learn that was our wedding song. He gave us leis and we went back to our table to enjoy dinner. It was of those moments I hope I’ll never forget.    
Thanks Disney, and thanks Jeffrey. You’ve both shown me yet again that sometimes the magic happens naturally, and sometimes special people make the magic happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment