"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
---Walter Elias Disney

Friday, October 7, 2016

Day 22: Disney Parks Ride Out Team

I have a new life goal! Apparently, due to Hurricane Matthew Disney has activated a Ride Out Team of employees to stay in the parks and on duty for up to 72 hours straight.

I figured I'm perfect for this job. I mean, I've ridden out a good half dozen hurricanes and even more tropical storms. I must have a knack for it. I'm still here, right?

According to this blog post, they are meant to take care of guests safety and well-being and happiness, but when I heard the term, that wasn't what sprung to mind.

I imagined a small group of brave and daring individuals (actually, I had a team of Twitter volunteers assembled and it looked pretty good!) who would "ride out" the storm in a closed and empty Disney Park. In my imaginary world I was joined by Sam and Kathy from our MouseLife Podcast and R.J. from the DisExplorers Podcast. We planned to perform such helpful functions as preventing unsold cupcakes from going stale by eating them all. I figured if things got really hairy we could hunker down in the County Bears Jamboree, on account of they obviously had a supply of Tropical Weather Event Essentials such as moonshine. Of course, the shelter of last resort has to be Pirates of the Caribbean, due to rum and the fact that you'd already be in a boat. See, we've really thought this through!

So put me in coach! Not so much to make ham and cheese sandwiches, and certainly not to face down angry DisBloggers irate at having to actually pay for food. No, Disney Casting, I and my Intrepid Team are ready for the much bigger mission of having the Magic Kingdom to ourselves for a night or so.

For the Greater Good, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment