"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
---Walter Elias Disney

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

39 Days: MY Disney Experience

It's already later than I'd like to be awake, so I'll keep this brief. The My Disney Experience app rocks.

Apparently it's a real joy in the parks themselves, but even as a planning tool it can't be beat, especially for the phone-phobic among us. Today I heard through the Twitter-vine (I just made that word up. Feel free to use it all you like) that Disney had released new first week of November hours for Animal Kingdom. It had been scheduled to close at 6:30, but will now be open until 8:30 pm. I was expecting this, but was waiting for the official word.

Right there in the Food Lion parking lot I opened the My Disney Experience app on my phone, verified the Animal Kingdom hours for November 2, canceled my Morimoto Asian ADRs and made Tiffins ADRs for a nice 1:30 pm lunch. I checked my FastPass+ times and saw it might be a rush getting from Dinosaur to Tiffins as I had them scheduled so I shifted both my Dinosaur and Expedition Everest FastPass+ times back an hour. I then pulled up an itinerary with all these reservations listed together, saw it was what I wanted and ta da I was done. No phone calls, no computer, just my cheap-o smart phone.

THAT is Magical!

No comments:

Post a Comment