"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
---Walter Elias Disney

Saturday, July 30, 2016

91 Days: Day Drinking and Dole Whips

Our big adventure today was running some errands. This trip took us past our local brew Pub, Check Six Brewing Company, and at the last second (I mean that, I kinda swung in not in the most safe manner) we decided to stop for a beer before hitting our last stop. Lisa isn't hard to talk into a beer stop. I love that woman.

The beer flight even comes on a PROPELLER! get it ?
Anyhow, we get to looking at the beer list and see lots that looks good. Then I saw that they offer a flight of four beers for only $8.50, so how could we not? I'm tickled by having a flight in this place because it is owned by naval aviators and keeps to an aviation theme. Cool place. One of the beers we both got wasn't really beer at all, it was a pineapple cider from Ace Premium Craft Ciders (Check Six keeps a cider in rotation, but doesn't produce its own.) It was delicious. So we got a half gallon growler of the stuff to take home.

(side note--the best beer was a Scottish Ale that at 13.5% abv they don't trust with mere mortals and so won't put in a growler.)

While enjoying my pineapple cider I was reminded of a blog I saw this morning telling how to make a wonderful sounding Dole Whip margarita. I thought to myself, well, actually I thought to Lisa, heck, why can't we get some vanilla ice cream and make floats out of this pineapple cider? That would be kinda Dole Whip-y, right?

Well, let me tell ya, I'm a genius. Talk about a plan coming together. Delicious. And refreshing. It's happy juice, really. And who doesn't need more happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment