"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
---Walter Elias Disney

Thursday, July 28, 2016

93 Days: Muppets Coming To Liberty Square!!!!

Two Muppet posts in a row? You bet!

Today Disney Parks Blog announced a new live show called "The Muppets Present...Great Moments In American History" for Liberty Square in the Magic Kingdom. It debuts in October, just in time for our trip! The Muppets will appear outside the Hall of Presidents to offer their take on the events of America's founding.

Let's just go through how much I love this news. Liberty Square is, in my opinion, highly under-rated. Having a show will bring some well-deserved attention to a really cool area of the park. Both Lisa and I are of the Muppet Generation and love the show and its characters to this day. John is happy because the show features his favorite Muppet, Sam the Eagle. We get to be among the first to experience the show. It's coming at a time I've pretty much lost faith in the sanity of our country. I'm thinking a little American History humor will be just what the doctor ordered the week before the election.

I'm sure there will some Statler and Waldorfing of this show. Bringing Muppets to the Magic Kingdom will make some scream heresy, I'm sure. But Disney properties are valuable and we need to expect they will be used widely. I'm cool with that. I mean Snow White wasn't a Disney character until Walt made her one. I say welcome to Magic Kingdom to Kermit and Miss Piggy and Gonzo and all the rest. I can't wait to see what they bring to the place :-)


1 comment: