"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
---Walter Elias Disney

Monday, August 29, 2016

61 Days: Mainstreet Electrical Parade LiveStream

I've been a huge fan of the Disney Parks Blog's LiveStream segments. Lisa and I watched the Fourth of July fireworks and I saw the Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire show on the Cinderella Castle forecourt stage. Both were the same format, introduced by a host who would talk to a guest or two with some connection to the upcoming show, then show the event, then the host came back on to say goodbye. But last night's was different.

First, a positive. While the past LiveStreams were only viewable during the live broadcast, this one is still up and watchable on YouTube. Here it is, for now. I understand it won't last forever.



Now for the downside. This wasn't nearly as well done a show. It began well enough, with the usual intro. Sure it was a bit longer than the past introductions, but that didn't bother me. The problem came about halfway through the parade when they went to an "on the street reporter" to interview a family of spectators. The a bit more parade and then back to the host for an interview. After that it was a mess, with a bit of parade then more spectators. What the heck?

I have no idea what they were thinking here. This was my, and many other people's, last chance to see this parade before it moves to Disneyland. I kind of feel cheated. I guess the first couple LiveStreams spoiled me.

Another plus, though, was watching this while on Skype with the crew of the upcoming (really, I promise) MouseLife podcast. I had hoped to record a practice show and a live viewing of the MSEP LiveStream, but the recording software wasn't cooperating. But even so, we had a ball watching together. It's a fun group. This bodes well :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment