"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
---Walter Elias Disney

Saturday, August 6, 2016

84 Days: Opening New Doors

I've grown to really enjoy Disney Twitter and have fallen in with a bunch calling themselves The Small World Club. It's a pretty wide-ranging group with a love for Disney and a positive outlook in common, which is nice. I needed more positivity, and even if I don't actually know these people, I've enjoyed interacting with like-minded folk.

Now it looks like another door may be opening due to this crew. A few of us are toying with the idea of a podcast. Until today,  hadn't even ever listened to a podcast, but I find I'm happy when I keep moving forward so I agreed to hop on board when the suggestion came my way. Because I'm a nerd, I spent the morning looking into how this thing works. I literally Googled "how to make a podcast" and after a bit of clicking learned quite a bit. Turns out it doesn't appear to be that difficult a proposition. The equipment is basic and inexpensive, the software is readily available, and if need be, I think I could manage some of the technical aspects myself.

This project needs a lot of work to become reality, I mean we don't even have a name for the thing yet, but it has me excited in the way only new things can. I love opening new doors, because I'm curious :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment