"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
---Walter Elias Disney

Sunday, August 28, 2016

62 Days: Bringing MouseLife to Life

I mentioned in a earlier blog that I've been working with some new Twitter friends on creating a podcast. I volunteered to be producer and take on the technical side of things. Well, tonight is our practice show. I'm calling it a Tech Rehearsal, and I'm feeling about like I do before one of those.

It's been a fun few weeks, really. Everyone is pitching in and doing what they can to get this thing off the ground. Thanks to our Social Media Dude, John, we have a Facebook page and a Twitter (@MouseLifepod) account (Hint: you should go like and follow them). Shelby, who has volunteered to do the news, has done a bang-up job gathering tidbits and writing a truly professional-level script. Everyone has been offering great ideas, offering expertise in all sorts of Disney-related stuff and cheering each other on. Barry, who brought this group together, is the biggest cheerleader of all and we all owe him one for this incredible opportunity.

For my part, I've been having a ball. I like fooling around with tech, so while it took a few tries, getting to the point I was able to record a conversation on Skype was fun. I'm fascinated with the capabilities of the freeware Audacity, so playing with that today in preparation for editing tonight's show next week was cool. But the part that really blew me away has been talking to a real composer guy about show music.

We were in a quandary over intro music, not sure how to find something we were allowed to use.  Kathy in our group mentioned she had a composer friend and put me in touch.
Since then we've been back and forth over what will work best. We've chosen a song and now we are working on finding what kind of pieces he can break it up into to serve as intro, outro and even bumper music (for between segments). It's so cool, and a bit surreal, to be talking about this stuff wit a professional.

Speaking of professional. I got to buy Real Radio Announcer Headphones for this gig. Let's hope they are good luck. We begin less than an hour from right now. Wish me luck!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment